I did little felting this weekend. I think the snow has started to put me into hibernation.
I read quite a bit and did lots of household chores. But after my test, that DH states looks like a slab of bacon, I decided white was not the background color.
I needed to go for the gold with greens, oranges and a punch of red. So I made the background and some smaller pieces for the designs.
A red, more maroon, for some of the circles.
The deep indigo, this one I wasn't sure at first because it was so dark with the black wool.
And a green. I've been having trouble with yellow washing out of green so thought I would use gold with lots of yellow in the wool.
This is probably the 'parchment' or the main body of the page. A bit more red than I really wanted, but they seem to work together.
The red in the center is much richer. So from here I will probably make a few more bits of color then start putting it together. All of these are only partially felted. Very soft. I hoping to felt them as a total piece....but we shall see.