So much figuring out and testing before the actual felting on nuno pieces. Because I actually want it to look like something, I draw out an idea.
Then I work an actual true to size "pattern"
Not sure about the b in verbum. I've tried 3 different ways. Still looking at Celtic and other fonts. This is one I've done myself and I think it will work.
Then I tried a paint program to see what kind of colors I liked. This was a Big Waste of Time for me. I'm not well versed in the paint program and the time it took for me to chose colors was way to much of a learning curve this weekend.
I then decided to just try for the background.
The one of the left is a 'parchment color with colored silks. The left is more hopeful. Five strips of silk with four different mixed of wool behind. I am much happier with this. Sorry the picture is so awful. It was taken in unnatural light.
Sure doesn't look like I did much this weekend! HA!
Next weekend I may make more satisfying progress.