During the Felt-A-Thon I did do some felting. Two pieces were finished to be exact. One was a flower....gasp!...for the quilt. The pieces included some brown that I had dyed last year and had not used in anything yet. They were very disappointing. The silk faded to a dull grey and was lost in the movement of my small piece and really doesn't sing with the blanket flower.
The color here is not as true as it could be...but it is obvious that the center of the bloom is not a medium brown surrounded by a lighter one.
Not sure what I should do with this. The texture in this one shows the light and dark areas that were planned. But the color is washed out and not a reflection of the Blanket Flower.
Again it looks a bit green but is actually grey.
The second piece was influenced by my friend Diane. I tried her technique of snip and and drop silk bits to draw an abstract landscape.
This lost the tree and shrub trunks as the brown washed out during the felting. Not sure if I will try to color this with a dye paint or thread to bring it back.
One last thing....but certainly not least.... my friend Diane did go home and start a blog. It is delightful and I recommend you pop over and look at her chickens and felt.
Here at Felt Inspiration