New Look

April 25, 2011

Dyeing on Easter

I've been quiet as I've had lots of stuff going on in the background.  Spring is one of my favorite times of the year.  After the cold and quiet time of winter I start to get anxious to be outside.  Yesterday was a glorious day of warm temps and light.  
I managed to clean part of the studio after some construction.  I now have a Dye Station.  
It's not quite organized yet but doable.  Those 3 crockpots had onion skins, eucalyptus and acorn baths left from last Fall.  Under the mold scum was some delicious looking broth.  I dipped some silk in, turned them on and simmered.  In the morning I got these:
Pleased with my success, and goaded by the lovely weather I declined the usual Sunday ride with my DH and instead set up the Turkey Cooker....AKA  The *BIG* Dye Pot. 
I had a delightful supervisor.
With his excellent assistance we came up with this:
I now have enough silk yardage to continue with the Felted Flower Quilt edges.  
Hope everyone enjoyed their Sunday as much as I did.  The windows of the house were open and the renewal of Spring was invited in.  
I started one side of the quilt skirt....but that is for the next post.

14 comments:

gerfiles said...

Looks like a very satisfactory sunday... wish I could do some outdoor dyeing myself (even if it had to be poodleless...;)

Rachel said...

A very productive day, clearly!

krex said...

Celebrating rebirth by dying...love the pun and the subtle colors.

lynda Howells said...

Wish l too could dye outside but live in flat with no garden..my poor husband puts up with so much@!bless him. Love the green...what did you dye with ?xxhappy dyeing my friendx lynda

Patty Biermans said...

The green dye is gorgious!! But what are those strange pink flowers, I never seen them before, I think :D Hugzz...Peebee

t said...

great that you have a dye station joei, I put one together last year but I am not good at keeping everything in one place and continue to walk around the boundary of the house looking for a particular pot, only to find it full of something bubbling and growing. hope yours is more successful. looks like you have some great pots there....

xt

Karen said...

I love where you hang your washing!! how lovely, definitely wouldn't be a chore to po out there with pegs!!

Heather Woollove said...

I love your organizing and Spring 'zeal'!! Yes...it's finally nice outdoors again! Wheeee!

Tammie Lee said...

oh, i missed this post.how wonderful that you have created a space to dye in. Very inspirational. I love the three colors you created, soft and soothing. lovely creating to you.

t said...

Good you have a dye station joei, i love working out in the fresh air too. Good in summer, not so good in winter. your dye work looks great.

xt

Diane said...

We want more posts. How is that quilt looking? miss you.

Yvette said...

I've to remember to keep the leftover deybaths.

please continue

love

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hope all is ok Joei. Miss you. xo

Tammie Lee said...

hello,
it has been so long since you have posted. I hope this finds you well and enjoying life and your arts. sending light.
Tammie