New Look

March 21, 2011

Two Weeks ketchup

As it gets closer to *real* Spring weather I do more and more outside.  The swamp is changing and showing signs (sooner than my yard) and one of the first are these. 

Blending colors of winter and spring they are the harbingers of the change to me.  I love looking for Skunk Cabbage.  They hide in plain sight and are everywhere, but you have to look to find them. 
The Swamp itself has changed, the ice and snow are gone and it's waters begin to reflect and enhance what lies above the tall trees....blue skies. 
And the little stream begins to move faster and saturates the ground around it. 
I didn't spend every day walking in the swampy woods.  I was the awkward assistant to my friend Diane as she taught a felted landscape class to some first time wet felters.  She has enormous patience and such a gentle way with people.  A fantastic teacher.  She moves people with kindness and praise toward their best work, not her ideas but only her technique to express their ideas. 
I also added more stitch to my creation piece.  
It is getting closer to Fini
I think all I need to add now is the red dots.  Beads or thread?  Or both?  

5 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

Hmmmm...if you don't have anything else on the piece which 'sticks out', yet, I vote for beads (if you can find the right ones!). They might add a nice dimensional element. XXO-

Rachel said...

Speaking for myself - I would put beads on and see whether I liked the effect before actually attaching them!

lynda Howells said...

I agree with the above comments. Thanks for showing us the Nature around youx lynda

Tammie Lee said...

your stitching is fabulous.
the workshop's teacher sounds so loving and wise.
wishing you a lovely spring unfolding.

Storycloth said...

I can't wait to see the whole thing finished! Love the nature pics too. Gilly