So little time....so many things to try. But I did try some more experiments with the iron/rust dyed cloth and some garden leaves and eucalyptus. I also used some rust dust that was in the corner of a cast iron skillet and sprinkled it on some of the squares.
Here they are steaming from the pot.
Drying on the felting table
There are 12 silk and prefelt squares and 2 felted only squares. They stayed within the color scheme of the previous group....a little Daylily here and there for a bit of purple...some green from Dandelion...and a little Ragweed.
Lots of lovelies for the landskin quilts' extension
Complex cloth...for sure.
But these leaves on the rust are my favorite.